Wednesday, November 21, 2012



80 Degrees?!

I am not sure how the rest of you are spending your pre-Thanksgiving, but I am spending mine in unexpected 80 degree weather in Louisiana. I am truly in WTF mode right now, as for the past five years I have been accustomed to being in freeze-your-ass-off-it's so-damn-cold-I want-to-fight-somebody weather in Korea.  Yet, I am shockingly in my spring/summer mode here: shorts and a T-shirt, sitting outdoors at a coffee shop sippin' on an ice coffee, soaking up some sun to remove the Casper (The Friendly Ghost) tan I rock 365 days a year, and pecking around on my computer. Usually, my vacation in Louisiana is in the spring/summer when the sweat-your-ass-off-it's-so-damn-hot-I-want-to-fight-somebody weather is in full and relentless effect Seriously, I almost got heat stroke walking from my car to the front door of a movie theater last June. I have always (mistakenly) assumed the weather here cooled down to tolerable and sane levels by this time of the year - clearly not. Louisiana is like one of those huge omnipresent crawfish pots: it always stays on steady boil, which is probably one of the many reasons why Louisianans are such...um...characters.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

2 comments: